Welcome to Alveston.org - your online guide to events in and around Alveston, Rudgeway and Earthcott, and the home of Alveston Parish Council information.
If you've got anything you'd like publicised, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find out about Alveston Parish Council:
See more events.
If you're planning a train trip to London this Christmas, click below for details of disruption due to planned works.
London Paddington will be closed to all rail services from Saturday 24 December to Thursday 29 December, and we're being advised to change at Reading and use services from there to London Waterloo - a longer journey.
Click below to find out how the Alveston Twinning Association members have been entertaining visitors from France, and walking off the effects of a pudding evening!
Smokefree South Gloucestershire is encouraging smokers to give up throughout 'Stoptober' and use the opportunity as a springboard to quit for good.
Last year more than 880 people took part locally, and this year roadshows have been directing people to the support that is available to help them kick the habit, including a free personal quit plan, motivational tips and advice on treatments to help beat cravings.
If you’re looking to take part in Stoptober, text your name and “READY” to 80011, call 01454 865502 or email below to make an appointment at one of the free support sessions.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Burglars target jewellery in attacks on Thornbury homes
• Do you have a story? Get in touch with the Gazette's reporting team
• Today's weather - dry and bright
• Retailer Oak Furniture Land slammed by Advertising Standards Agency over misleading TV advert
• Brothers dedicate Halloween trick-or-treating to Thornbury food bank
Latest items from BBC News:
• Silence marks Aberfan disaster anniversary
• 'Fake Sheikh' Mazher Mahmood jailed over Tulisa case
• Russian warships pass through English Channel
• Witney by-election: Tory majority slashed in David Cameron's former seat
• I woke in a stranger's bed - campus rape victim