Welcome to Alveston.org - your online guide to events in and around Alveston, Rudgeway and Earthcott, and the home of Alveston Parish Council information.
If you've got anything you'd like publicised, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find out about Alveston Parish Council:
There's a new competition on Alveston.org this month: you could win a meal to the value of £60, with wine and coffee.
See more events.
Click below to find out how the Alveston Twinning Association members have been entertaining visitors from France, and walking off the effects of a pudding evening!
Smokefree South Gloucestershire is encouraging smokers to give up throughout 'Stoptober' and use the opportunity as a springboard to quit for good.
Last year more than 880 people took part locally, and this year roadshows have been directing people to the support that is available to help them kick the habit, including a free personal quit plan, motivational tips and advice on treatments to help beat cravings.
If you’re looking to take part in Stoptober, text your name and “READY” to 80011, call 01454 865502 or email below to make an appointment at one of the free support sessions.
South Gloucestershire's Discover Festival is back for another year, offering a host of opportunities to discover and enjoy something new on your doorstep.
So whether you want to learn something new, find a hobby, meet new friends, get out and about in nature, catch a performance or explore one of our historic buildings, there’s something on offer for you.
Over 180 events are free, for others there is a small fee. Some events require booking and are selling out fast – see the events calendar or the website below for full details and links to book.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• South Gloucestershire smokers encouraged to kick the habit for Stoptober
• Today's weather - a mixed day
• South Gloucestershire facing more than 9,000 additional new homes by 2036
• Plans for 180-home development in Thornbury met with fierce opposition from residents and councillors
• Tributes paid to 'trailblazer' founding Castle School headmaster Cliff Martin
Latest items from BBC News:
• Louis Theroux
• Boxer Towell dies after Glasgow bout
• Momentum vice-chair 'suspended by Labour' amid anti-Semitism row
• Syria conflict: Russia 'driving rebels into hands of extremists'
• US election 2016: Trump berates Alicia Machado on Twitter