Welcome to Alveston.org - your online guide to events in and around Alveston, Rudgeway and Earthcott, and the home of Alveston Parish Council information.
If you've got anything you'd like publicised, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find out about Alveston Parish Council:
This month on Alveston.org there's a chance to win an oak rotating tray/plate handcrafted from a wine barrel, plus you could win up to £50 to spend in Thornbury.
See more events.
Trading Standards would like to reiterate a warning issued by Police about a telephone scam affecting South Gloucestershire.
Police are aware of calls to residents from people claiming to be from Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) in which householders were told they could go to prison if they did not immediately pay an outstanding tax debt.
If you are concerned about your tax status, contact HMRC directly using details you know to be genuine.
If you believe you have been contacted by a fraudster, call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or click below.
Age UK South Gloucestershire is calling on nimble-fingered knitters to get their needles clicking at double the speed to make Age UK and innocent’s Big Knit the biggest event yet.
Now in its 13th year, budding local knitters are being challenged to reach a whopping local target of 6,000 miniature woolly hats to adorn innocent smoothie bottles, and for each be-hatted smoothie sold, innocent will donate 25p to help Age UK fund national and local projects that keep older people warm and well in winter. Click below to donwload the pattern.
Privately owned Alveston House Hotel has reason to celebrate with a double accolade from the AA Hotel Guide.
All hotels appearing in the guide are subjected to an unannounced annual inspection and it was Alveston’s turn at the end of October. Not only have they received their AA Rosette for the 8th year running they are miles ahead of any other 3 star hotel in the Bristol area with a merit score of 84%. Click below to read more...
Latest news from the Gazette:
• UPDATED: Rockhampton comedian Joel Dommett named runner-up in 'I'm a Celeb' after making final two
• GAZETTE THROUGH THE YEARS: December 1986, 1996 and 2006
• GAZETTE COMMENT: Have developers crossed the line?
• Children's donation to Thornbury Foodbank helped struggling families
• GAZETTE THROUGH THE YEARS: December 1966 and 1976
Latest items from BBC News:
• Italy referendum: PM Matteo Renzi resigns after clear referendum defeat
• Supreme Court to hear government appeal over Brexit powers
• Racial segregation 'growing in UK', Dame Louise Casey warns
• Trump attacks China in Twitter outburst
• Last winter's flooding 'most extreme on record' in UK