If you provide support to someone who could not manage without your help, you are a carer. A project is being funded to support carers aged 16+ to feel more confident and better prepared in seeking training and employment opportunities.
Carers will receive one-to-one tailored support that identifies their needs, creating a supportive action plan that fits around their caring responsibilities.
· Help with creating or updating your CV
· Job application support
· Mock interviews and preparation support
· Drop in job club
· Access to local training courses and workshops
· Sourcing of flexible work placements
· Mentoring in partnership with ‘Hire my Way’
· Links with flexible local employers
· Carers and former carers aged 16+
· Unemployed for more than 12 months or economically inactive
· Living in Bristol, South Gloucestershire, BANES or north Somerset
· Evidence of legal right to work in the UK
To find out more or to make a referral, click below.
Tel: 0117 3771015
Covering South Gloucestershire
Tel: 07976 893443
Tel: 07739 800195
Limited funds are available from the Thornbury Grammar School Foundation, at the discretion of the Trustees, for Educational Grants as follows:-
To promote the education (including social and physical training) of persons who are
(a)under the age of 25 years who are resident in the Parish of Thornbury,
(b)who are attending, or have attended Marlwood School, Alveston.
If you feel you qualify under these categories and are in need of financial assistance, further information and application forms may be obtained by phone or email from Peggy Belbin.
Tel: 01454 414203