Welcome to Alveston.org - your online guide to events in and around Alveston, Rudgeway and Earthcott, and the home of Alveston Parish Council information.
If you've got anything you'd like publicised, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find out about Alveston Parish Council:
This month on Alveston.org there's a chance to win Active Lifestyle gym gear.
See more events.
Are you a former Marlwood pupil and celebrating your 50th birthday this year?
A group of former pupils are organising a reunion on the evening of June 9th 2018 at Marlwood School drama hall and are appealing for class mates who started at the school in September 1979 to get in touch. Click below to read more...
‘South Gloucestershire Spring Clean’ leaps into action again in 2018 and is the perfect opportunity for everyone to help keep towns, villages, streets, woodlands or green spaces free from litter.
The Council has extended the campaign for 2018 to allow more individuals and groups to join in. This year's Spring Clean will take place from 13 February to 14 May. Do come along and help clean up your local area this spring by organising or taking part in a litter pick.
Please book equipment required as far in advance as possible as numbers are limited. Click below to find out more. Let’s all help make South Gloucestershire a better and cleaner place to live and work!
Acton Court is said to be the most authentic Tudor building in England. The remaining East wing was built especially for a visit by Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn in 1535. Groups can book now for summer 2018. Access is with a professional guide only.
4 July to 12 August 2018, Wednesday – Sunday. No tours Sunday 12 August: closing event only.
Advance booking for Groups is essential. To book or for further information, please click below or call the Acton Court Information Line on 01454 228 224.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Armstrong Hall in Thornbury to be rebuilt after unanimous vote by councillors
• South Gloucestershire cheapest place to live in West of England, research shows
• Graffiti attack repair funds raised by community handed to Castle School
• Olveston church verger, 84, honoured by the Queen for lifetime of service
• Traffic starting to build in Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire and the Cotswolds ahead of rush hour
Latest items from BBC News:
• Cambridge Analytica: Facebook row firm boss suspended
• Fatal Red Arrows RAF Valley jet crash inquiry continues
• Ocean plastic could treble in decade
• Two thirds of firms yet to publish gender pay gap data
• Cynthia Nixon holds governor rally