Welcome to Alveston.org - your online guide to events in and around Alveston, Rudgeway and Earthcott, and the home of Alveston Parish Council information.
If you've got anything you'd like publicised, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find out about Alveston Parish Council:
This month on Alveston.org there's a chance to win a distillery tour, 6 O'clock Gin and Distillers Tonic, plus you could win a pair of tickets to Into the Woods.
See more events.
Two new trustees have been appointed at Circadian Trust, the not-for-profit organisation that operates your local lifestyle centre.
The latest additions to the Board are Ben Hilton, CEO of the Dame Kelly Holmes Trust, and Roland Sims, a former Area Manager at Active Lifestyle Centres for Circadian Trust. As CEO of the Dame Kelly Holmes Trust, Ben has first-hand experience of how sport can transform lives and Roland Sims brings over 30 years of management experience in the Leisure Industry to the Board of Trustees.
Circadian Trust operates centres in Bradley Stoke, Downend, Kingswood, Longwell Green and Thornbury.
Old Church Farm, a sixteenth century manor house in Rudgeway, has just been awarded the 5 Star Guest Accommodation Gold Award by the AA, making it the only one in the county and ranks it as one of the best in Britain and Ireland. The 9 acre listed property and designated national monument is named after the ruin of St Helen’s church that occupies part of its grounds.
In contrast to the main house, which is furnished with antiques and lavish soft furnishings there is a state-of-the-art conference centre in an historic converted barn with meeting rooms, a boardroom and even its own skittle alley.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Fashion show to support Thornbury Musical Theatre Group
• Chipping Sodbury man to be remembered after death in WW1
• Review: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang comes to Bristol Hippodrome
• Coffee morning in Yate road makes £300 for hospice
• Chipping Sodbury Victorian day to keep getting 'bigger'
Latest items from BBC News:
• Brexit: May urges EU leaders to consider 'serious' UK plans
• Storm Ali: Two killed as severe winds lash British Isles
• Salisbury incident: Hoax 'likely' to be one line of inquiry
• Trump on Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
• Grenfell Inquiry: I hope you get justice, says firefighter